I am born. . . . If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.
Here's a final reposting of the Great BR Short-Short Story Contest Rules
BR 100 word contest -- da rules you really should read : )
Deadline for December entries is Friday, December 31st, 2:00 p.m. Hawaiian Standard Time. This is the final month of the contest, so get those entries in.
1. The piece can be no more than 100 words long.
2. The piece must have a title, and the title does NOT count against the 100 words.
3. The piece must be submitted on the Bamboo Shoots page of the BR website between July 1, 2010 and 2:00 p.m. Hawaiian Standard Time December 31, 2010 (midnight GMT), and you must be registered on the BR site in order to submit an entry.
4. The author
write "BR 100 word contest" in the "A blurb about your piece or a good quote from your piece" section.
5. Only one submission per calendar month is allowed (six total submissions possible).
6. Any declared "winners" will receive a $10 Bamboo Bucks credit to use in the online BRP store and may or may not be published in the 100th issue of BAMBOO RIDGE : )
Good luck to all of you!