I am born. . . . If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.
Writing Themes for April: The Great BR Fishing & Wishing 100 - 100 Contest Continues : )
Entries are being accepted through 2:00 p.m.(HST) April 30th
The two theme choices for April are taken from BR issues #3 and #4. They are:
Theme #1: Inheritance
Theme #2: Ass Why Hard
Pick one theme -- or both if you'd like that challenge -- and write your entry accordingly.
Note: For further creative inspiration, if you'd like to read the two pieces used for the theme choices, you can find them here:
Inheritance, by wanda fujimoto
Ass Why Hard, by Garrett Kaoru Hongo
Here are the rules for The Great BR Fishing & Wishing 100 - 100 Contest:
1. You can submit one entry per month. All entries must be posted on the Bamboo Shoots page of the BRP site between April 1st and April 30th at 2:00 p.m. HST.
2. The entries -- prose, poetry, or hey! even plays -- must be between 100 WORDS minimum and 100 LINES maximum. Sound familiar? It's a cross between the 100-word short-short story contest and the 100-line submission maximum for the upcoming 100th issue of BAMBOO RIDGE.
If you plan to approach the 100 line maximum, please draft your work following the original submission guidelines: double-spaced with 1” margins, using 12 pt. Times Roman.
3. Every entry must have a title, and that title does NOT count against either the word total or the line total.
4. In the section below the title where it says
A blurb about your piece or a good quote from your piece:
You must include your word count. For example:
Title: Why I Live at Black Point in the Winter
A blurb about your piece or a good quote from your piece: 832 words
Body: After I made my first million, which was way too easy, blah blah blah . . . blah blah blah. So that's why now I can only afford to live at Black Point for three months a year.
5. Winners will be announced shortly after 2:00 p.m. HST on April 30. and will win Bamboo Bucks credit to spend in the BRP online bookstore.
6. Winners may or may not be published in a future issue of BAMBOO RIDGE : )
Good luck and keep writing.