From BAMBOO RIDGE Issue Number 96, NO CHOICE BUT TO FOLLOW, by Jean Yamasaki Toyama, Juliet S. Kono, Ann Inoshita, & Christy Passion
BAMBOO RIDGE Issue Number 96, NO CHOICE BUT TO FOLLOW, by Jean Yamasaki Toyama, Juliet S. Kono, Ann Inoshita, Christy Passion
Triggers for November:
1. he can’t remember her laugh
2. in rhythm with our footfalls
3. a pact of silence has been made
4. walking to and from school
5. I’m selling the family home
6. that remains a mystery to me
7. you have finally reached bottom
8. believing it could be done
“How Does Bamboo Ridge?” by Jean Yamasaki Toyama
With lots of hands, lots of head, lots of heart
And hours and days, and years – 30 – of time.
What did bamboo ridge?
Eight hundred-fifty plus writers and artists
Of poems, stories, plays, and essays
With plenty, plenty of words and some pictures,
To launch careers
To help pass the time
To keep hope alive
Hang on, keep watch,
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Become a fan of Bamboo Ridge Press.