From BAMBOO RIDGE ISSUE Number 102, `EWA WHICH WAY, a novel by Tyler Miranda
Triggers for January:
1. we went straight to doing chores
2. I still thought about Halloween
3. I rolled my eyes
4. I shrugged it off like it was no big deal
5. at least this wasn’t my fault
6. dead meant dead
7. I realized that I had no answers
8. you better have good news for me
When I was small, we all sat in the crying room at church. Our Lady of Perpetual Help was the only Catholic Church for miles. Every Sunday after moving back to `Ewa Beach, we’d be in that soundproofed room behind the last row of pews: Mom, Dad, me, my little brother Luke, and the other families with small children. In the crying room, people could be as noisy as necessary. Babies screamed. Parents scolded. Everybody made noise. Well, everybody except me and Luke.
. . .
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Become a fan of Bamboo Ridge Press.